Slide background

Contact Us

Smyth Turner Wall

If you're having a dispute, it's important to get the right advice fast. Call for a free initial consultation. Where possible we will provide a fixed fee so there are no surprises, otherwise we'll provide a clear road map and plan for a resolution of your dispute. courtmatters

Our aim is to resolve your dispute commercially and as quickly as possible. Every dispute is unique and we will take the time to understand your business and come up with a commercial solution. With many successful years’ experience in Local, Magistrates, District and Supreme Courts we are well positioned to represent your case. No matter is too small or complex for Smyth Turner Wall

Appearing in Court - we believe strongly in assisting people, particularly when they are distressed in attending Court. Graham Wall has considerable experience and knows the Judges and Magistrates and can provide the appropriate advice as to which way to deal with your matter.

Fines - A Magistrate or Judge has the capacity to assess your financial situation and your ability to pay the fine. There are set fines in regard to many of the matters in relation to traffic matters which will include drive with a prescribed content of alcohol and drive under the influence.

Good behaviour - you may be eligible for a good behaviour bond for a period of time determined by the Magistrate. There may be conditions in relation to the bond and you have many to attend the Community Corrections Service and bonds can be entered into for a maximum period of five (5) years.

Section 10: Avoiding a criminal record – a Section 10 impost can avoid a criminal record. Normally when you plead guilty to a criminal offence the Court imposes a penalty and records a conviction. The new rules of the Court allow that a Section 10 with a conviction or without a conviction. If you receive a Section 10 with no conviction recorded it is called a Section 10 conditional release order and the matter would be dismissed accordingly and no conviction would be recorded.

Community Corrections Order – this is rarely provided at the present time because it involves unpaid work in the community at a place specified by Probate or Parole for attending a centre to undertake a course. These are usually through Community Corrections and they incorporate things such as anger management and drug and alcohol counselling. To be eligible for a Community Service Order you have to be assessed by a Community Corrections Officer as suitable to undertake such order.

Suspended Sentence – this is a custodial sentence that may be suspended upon you entering into a good behaviour bond. Providing you comply with the terms of the bond the gaol sentence will not come into effect. A suspended sentence is only av available for sentences of imprisonment up to two (2) years.

Intensive Correction Order – this option replaces the prior known periodic detention order. The Court may order compliance with a number of conditions such as attending counselling or treatment, not consuming alcohol and complying with a curfew and performing community service.